What to Expect
- Worship Services follow a basic liturgical order, but since we are a small congregation we tend to be somewhat informal.
- While we have an organ, we typically use piano to accompany our worship services. Sometimes we have a vocal solo or other special music.
- Some of those who attend dress very informally and some wear suits. No dress up is necessary.
- Children are most welcome to attend our worship services.
- Our understanding of Holy Communion is that we accept what Jesus said when he instituted the Sacrament. In other words, we believe that as we receive the bread and wine (grape juice is also an option) in the Sacrament we also are receiving the real presence of Christ, His body and blood. If you are a baptized Christian, repentant of all your sins, and believe in the words of Jesus when He said "This is my body and this is my blood", you are welcome to join us in the Sacrament. If you have questions, please speak to the pastor prior to the service.
- Pastor is available for guidance in understanding the Bible or Christian faith. The Monday and Wednesday evening discussion groups also provide good opportunities to grow in the understanding of the Bible and the Christian faith. Occasionally we have special classes for those interested in learning more about the Lutheran understanding of the Christian faith.